Thursday, March 29, 2012

March with Lisa

A very special episode of Dinner with Dad tonight.  Since this is the 5th Thursday of the month (kind of like a blue moon) none of the kids were scheduled for Dinner with Dad tonight.  Therefore there is a chance to have Dinner with Mom!  She is the one that helped come up with this idea, watches Rose while I have Dinner with Sara, hangs with Henry while I am out with Brittany and with Joe and has her one free night when I am out with Henry.  She is just as much a part of this as I am and I am thankful the she is 100% on board with this and helps to make it happen.

We decided to go to 20 and Oakes Bar and Grill.  We were both in the mood for something kind of middle of the road and a place that would not be loud and this place fit that perfect - plus I had a coupon that I could use in my Entertainment Book ;).  Surprisingly Lisa went with the BBQ Burger.  I say surprisingly because she usually goes with lighter fare, but she said she was just hungry for a burger tonight and she said it was fantastic.  I went with the Pan Seared Sea Scallops.  It was a strange mix of scallops, risotto, tomatos, and arugula salad that really worked - it was great.

As far as our conversation, as usual we bounced all over.  One of the reasons that we clicked on our very first date was the fact that we talked for hours and hours.  Well after years of dating and 13+ years of marriage that has not changed and we love to talk with each other.  We talked about work, family, the good things of life and about missing our good brother-in-law and friend Doc Johnson who left us one year ago this week.  He left us a reminder on what is important in life and how much a good person is missed after they are gone.  We miss you Doc, but I am sure you are up there giving Rose and all the other Saints a laugh a minute.

Back home we went to Henry, Sara and baby Rose.  Sara hung with Henry tonight so we could go out - thanks Sara!  A good night for all involved.

Dinner = $47.31 (with coupon :))  Time with my Spouse = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment