Sunday, May 13, 2012

May with Sara

I have fallen a bit behind on my Dinners with Dad because I have not been able to match schedules with Joe yet for May so that update will be later.  The dinner with Sara went on as scheduled the second Thursday of the month.  Sara let me know that her Dinner with Dad has always been on schedule so far and she is also making it a mission to do a new location each month.

This month Sara chose Salute in downtown Racine.  As I think I have mentioned before, Racine has some great Italian cuisine and Salute is another one that fits that description.  Sara went with the Gnocchi and I went with the Sauteed Penne Bolognese.  Both of us loved our dinners and were only to finish about half of it - makes for some good leftovers.

One thing I am noticing as the Dinners with Dad continue is that our conversations seem to be more animated, cover more topics and go by too fast.  We had a long wait for dinner becasue Salute was very busy for a Thursday night - I am guessing they might have been a bit understaffed.  This gave us time to cover everything from work, to relationships, to politics, to religion and probably a few other things.  Our waitress realized that our service was very slow so she offered to make it up to us by giving us one free round of drinks and ending the dinner with a shot of Sambuca.  I have always been a fan of the Sambuca but Sara did not seem to like it as much and said it made her mouth feel funny lol.

Meanwhile back at home, Glamma Lisa took Rose to Henry's baseball practice.  Rose had a good time and was fawned over by all the other moms at the practice.  By the time Sara and I got back home, Rose was sound asleep in Glamma's arms.  She woke up enough to wave buh-bye and all was good.

Dinner = $31.74  Time with Sara = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment