Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June with Brittany

Got a little behind on my blogging so this is the update from Dinner with Brittany from last Thursday.  As seems to be too often the case, but Brittany and I had a lot going on that night and dinner came and went all too fast.  And for the second time ARGH I fogot to take a picture.

Brit and I met at Noodles & Company.  I was in between work and heading out to Henry's baseball game.  Brittany got there a bit late because she was shopping for a wedding dress and of course saw one that she liked right before she was ready to leave.  Now that the date has been set for July 13, 2013, there is a lot of wedding planning and activities going on and so on top of work and school, Brit has lots more on her platter now.

So we talked about lots of the stuff we usually talk about, work, school, God, quirkiness of this world and so on.  And of course we shared some laughs about who knows what.

All too soon we had to each head off to our next stops.  In my last update I mentioned about how Sara's dinners were definitely the longest ones, Brit and I have had too many quick dinners due to our complicated schedules, so we will have to work on that for the next six Dinners with Dad for the second half of the year.

Ok, now for the sentimental part that I hesitated to put in here, but I think this is important for my kids to know and I would not have been able tell them about this verbally without blubbering.  As I drove from dinner to Henry's baseball game I heard the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman on K-Love.  I should have turned the channel instantly because I knew what was about to happen to me but instead I played the whole song and arrived at Henry's game with tears rolling down my face.  I cannot start to explain all the reasons why it choked me up so, but I know that other Dads, Moms, kids and especially MY kids will understand.  I love all four of you with ALL my heart and am so blessed by every minute I get to spend with you!

Dinner = $17  Time with Brittany = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment