Saturday, June 23, 2012

June with Sara

Well for the first time, we actually had to move the day for Sara's Dinner with Dad to the following Monday - the summer schedule gets pretty crowded.

Sara came to our house about 6pm, but we needed to wait for Glamma to get done with her water aerobics before we could head out so that she could babysit Rose.  So while we waited Sara and I had a cold one on the neighbors deck - nice chill down on a hot night.

So we finally headed out to dinner at Famous Dave's.  The nearest location was about 1/2 hour away so we had a nice drive in our new Suburban.  For dinner I had the Rib and Chicken combo, Sara had the Hot Link Sausage and Tips combo.  All I can say about the food is that it all was very good and there was LOTS of food.  Sara was smart enough to take some home while I for some reason felt like I needed to conquer the plate - Sara definitely made the better decision :).

Sara and I decided that our dates definitely had to be longest of all the kids.  It seems like our dates streched out for hours quite often while some of the other dates with the other kids weren't as long.  Even though this date was probably the longest of them all timewise, we never run out of things to talk about ranging from funny stuff, to politics to raising Rose to jobs to religion to relationships.  Sara has a lot going on that she thankfully shares with me and looks for advice.  Not sure I always give the best advice but either way I can tell she genuinely appreciates it.

By the time we got back home, Rose was asleep on Glamma's lap.  She was woken up to go home with Mom and we called it a night.

Dinner = $49.22.  Time with Sara = Priceless


1 comment: