Thursday, January 5, 2012

January with Joe

Right off the bat, we had to make a slight adjustment.  As of now, the monthly Dinner with Dad for Joe is going to actually be Lunch with Dad.  Joe woks second shift and thus Dinner is not doable.  The good thing is that Joe lives about 15 minutes from my office so it is a welcome break from my day - especially these days as we are having a tough time at work moving towards a rather large layoff in the near future.

I left the office about Noon to meet up with Joe.  I called Joe as I left and obviously just woke him up.  By the time I got there he was good to go.  He chose Jimmy John's - good with me because I am partial to a good sub.  I had the "Italian Night Club" (or a #9 for those of you that frequent Jimmy John's often) and Joe went with the "Turkey Tom" (or #4).

Joe just passed the 90 day mark at his job which meant getting hired on full time and getting benefits.  This is great news given that Joe has bounced around on jobs over recent years and now seems to have found a good place to work and is doing well.  Next step is to buy a car so we chatted about a possible car from Uncle Roy or possibly him buying our old Suburban - if I can actually pull the trigger on a new one.  Joe also talked about how he once again has lost contact with Melissa (the mother of his daughter Aura) but that is mainly because of Andrew (Melissa's SO) not being real keen on Joe talking to her.  Joe has gotten a good perspective on this situation and actually appreciates the fact that Aura has been raised by Melissa and Andrew and they have since had more kids so she is in a family and that is good.

Well I had to get back to lunch too quick and before you knew it we were on our way.  I dropped Joe off, he was very appreciative of the lunch and I think even more for the company which made my day!

Dinner = $15.46.  Time with Joe = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment