Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January with Sara

Once again a slight adjustment to the schedule.  We moved our date to Wednesday because Thursday this week is Cub Scouts and Pinewood Derby car building night.  I also broke my own rule of letting the kids choose the restaurant.  I chose The Chancery because they were doing a fund raiser for Henry's school John Paul Academy II tonight so we had dinner and raised money all in one night :).  It was a rough night for me to go out because our big layoff at work happened today.  I had to walk two people out and watch several others leave - lots of tears and sadness.  However, a date with Sara made me forget about all the work stuff and gave me some good laughs and smiles.

I got home from work about 6 and then Sara showed up at our house shortly thereafter so that Rose (her 5 month old baby) could spend some time with Grandma Lisa and Uncle Henry - we all win :).  It had been a while since I had been at The Chancery and the menu had changed quite a bit.  Sara had an Avocado Burger and I had Fish Taco's.  We both were very happy with our choices for dinner.

Sara just moved into a new apartment on New Year's Eve so we talked about them getting settled in to the new place.  Like usual, a conversation between Sara and I wanders all over the place and we did tonight too - from taxes, to cats, to creepy old friends, to men versus women's abilty to remember things - draw your own conclusions on that one - discuss.  We talked about Sara's job and financial future.  She will be taking CNA classes next month and hopefully that will lead to some good job opportunities.  She also talked about how they are now budgeting their money in a very orderly spreadsheet (just like Daddy taught her :)).  She also made the profound statement that they budget based on 40 hour/week income now versus what they were doing - budgeting assuming overtime.  This now creates a bonus when there is overtime instead of a problem when there was not overtime.  I laughed and told her that would be good advice for the Execs at my company - long story but fitting.

I also came up with the idea of taking a picture of each Dinner but did not think of it until we got home.  So here is a piture of me and Sara back at home after dinner - obviously I ate too much. 

Back to the house we went for Sara to pick up Rose.  Rose was sound asleep in Grandma's arms while they were watching the movie "Mars Needs Moms" - I am thinking that was Uncle Henry's idea.  Sara was on her way by about 9:00 and I am exhausted.

Dinner = $35.36.  Time with Sara = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment