Sunday, April 22, 2012

A special post - April with College Friends

Ok this is not exactly a Dinner with Dad post, but perhaps an offshoot of Dinner with Dad - Dinner with Friends.

A few days ago I got a call from one of my UW-O college friends Deb who was getting some of us together for a dinner.  I was happy to get the invite since I only seem to get together with these good friends a few times a year.  Last night the dinner happened with me and six of my college friends.  Sidenote - Lisa was going to join us but could not tear herself away from the Scrapbooking event that she was at - this is one of her favorite things to do so I was good with batch'in it.

We got together at Roma Lodge - which was good for me since this is very close to home.  Before dinner conversations centered around getting updated on each other's lives and the lives of our kids (and grandkids in my case).  A few of my friends commented on enjoying reading the Dinner with Dad blog and asked if this dinner could make the blog.  I said sure why not - it is not exactly a Dinner with Dad but it was Dinner with me and this could develop into a whole other tangent - Dinner with Friends.  We all agree every time that we get together that it is too long in between times that we see each other - maybe we need to start a Dinner with Friends blog?????

After a few cocktails, it was on to dinner.  I once again went with eggplant, several had the Filet Mignon, Russ had the ravioli.  Of course each dinner included a salad bar and an Italian side dish - mostaccioli, meatballs, angelhair, etc.  I could tell by the conversation, by the satisfied looks and by the inability to rise from the table after dinner that everyone loved their dinners and had plenty to eat.

After dinner we had some after dinner drinks and more conversation.  Most of the gang had Brandy Alexanders but Chuck and I stuck with the Spotted Cow.  Conversations morphed from updates on current life to several stories that started with "Remember that one time when we..."  All I can say is that it is a good thing that our offspring are obviously smarter than their parents because we did some crazy things and thankfully lived through it and got our acts together at some point (kind of).

Thanks Deb and Russ for getting us together teaching us the secret handshake to get into the Roma back room.  It was fantastic!

Pictured from left to right - me, Russ, Chuck, Cathie, Deb, Kathy and Da Mose.

Dinner = $120 + Drinks - gotta love Roma - great food for 7 for $120.
Time with great friends = Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment